[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Haul of 3 Dimensional Skin Tone Pigments


We are in the age of HD and that means our eyes have gained a different perspective especially when it comes to cosmetics.  Makeup should no longer be flat and matte, yet it isn't only dewy or shiny.  Colors should look dimensional.  This is the reason why I ended up buying more pigments from Just Pigments, specifically 3-dimensional skin tone pigments.

Check out more skin tone pigments

I guess from the many posts about DIY Cosmetics, you could say I have become slightly addicted.  Recently, the site added the colors I have been looking for a long time -- interference skin tone colors.


These are colors which mimic the many tones on your skin, therefore creating a 3-dimensional effect.  How?  As the lights hit the many different planes of your face, the pigments will either highlight or contour the face naturally.  I think these are what cosmetic brands like to market as self adjusting pigments and you get to pay the non-adjusting price for the products!

I bought 5 of the skin tone colors.  These are pure pigments which can be used alone or mixed to create any type of cosmetic item.  I bought some of these to mix with my mineral foundation which you will see the results further in this post.


Zanzibar - This is a pink/rose with a lilac shimmer.  If mixed with foundation, the lilac will counteract sallow skin in light to medium dark skin tones while the rose/pink gives a soft flesh tone glow.

Celtic Beauty - This is a cool beige with a blue/green shimmer.  When mixed with foundation, the blue/green will counteract the redness in porcelain to medium skin tones, while the beige will add some dimension.

Alexandria - This is a deep rose with a violet shimmer.  This one is good for tan to dark skin tones.  The violet will counteract any ashiness in dark skin while the rose will highlight the natural skin tone.

Aruban Coral (Skin Tone Pink) - This is a mauve rose with gold shimmer. This one is good for very dark skin tones.  The mauve base will add dimension to ethnic skin tones while the rose will counteract any ashiness.

Rose Gold - This is what I call a must have for every skin tone.  The color is a soft rose with gold iridescence.  This is the all around flesh tone highlight for everyone.  It will blend into any skin tone for a natural look.  Mix it with a mixing medium and airbrush it for a soft glow on women and men!

While I was pushing the order button, I decided I needed some white pigments which always come in handy when creating some color.  I ordered two types: Luster Satin and Fine Satin. They look almost the same but the sheen on them is slightly different.


The luster reflects more light making it shimmer more while the fine white satin is less reflective.  The fine white isn't matte but it isn't pearl either.

As I mentioned, I bought the skin tone pigments to mix into my DIY mineral foundation.  I picked this mineral foundation as a Top Ten of 2014 because it never looked or felt dry.  However, it did lack dimension.

I wasn't looking for dewiness, I was looking for little pixels of color to diffuse the skin from looking just flat.  I mixed in Zanzibar because I have sallow skin but I also wanted a bit of natural glow which the pink/rose gives my light skin (olive).  


The results are hard to see above because the foundation matches my skin and blends in very well especially after it has been mixed.  The swatch on the right has a slight glow, highlights and lowlights (contour) are created.

A better comparison is below, you can see on the cotton ball the difference.


Now, that I have a decent collection of pigments from DIY Cosmetics (sister site for pigments is Just Pigments), I can incorporate these colors into some of my boring cosmetics.

If you are in a makeup rut, you might just need a boost from these simple little pigments.  They can be mixed into anything from powders to moisturizers.  If you airbrush, excellent pigments to mix into your foundations.  They also won't break the bank, samples cost $1.50.  I was greedy and ordered an ounce which costs less than a drugstore brand pigment (about $5).  The quality of these pigments are stellar and are probably the same ones used by the major high end cosmetic brands.  If you like pigments, go try DIY! (Hey, I rhymed!)


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives